How do I add money to my Chime Spending Account?
In 2014, Chime was launched as an alternative to the traditional bank accounts, and it has now become one of the sought-after options to receive direct deposits into the Chime account. It has replaced the traditional banking system and allows users to get their paychecks in the bank through an electronic medium. There are so many benefits that you get with a Chime card. It is very easy to add money to Chime. Still, many users find it difficult to do so. They keep wondering how to load money to Chime cards.
If you also want to know how to add money on Chime, read this blog and stay with us.
There are three different methods to add money to Chime:
1. Add money with Chime Direct Deposit: The most popular way to add money to Chime is with the direct deposit. To add money through direct deposit, you need to provide your Chime routing and account number to your employer. The money will be loaded into your account with the Chime direct deposit. You can easily add money to your account by filling up the Chime direct deposit form and adding all the required details.
2. Add money to Chime from bank transfer: The other way to add money to the Chime card is from a bank transfer. Chime gives you the option to link an external bank account you own to your Chime Spending Account. Then you easily load money to the Chime from this linked bank account.
Follow these easy steps to add money to Chime from a bank transfer:
- Login to Chime account in the app or website
- Under Move Money, select Transfers.
- After the details of the bank that you want to link with the Chime to add money
Here are some of the banks that Chime supports: Chase.
- Bank of America.
- Wells Fargo.
- US Bank.
After successfully linking the external bank account with the Chime, you can easily load money to the Chime card up to $200.00 per day and $1,000.00 per month.
3. Load Cash to Chime Card: If you wonder where I can load money on my Chime Card, you should know the fact that Chime allows you to deposit cash in the account. You can deposit cash to Chime at over 90,000 retail locations with Green Dot.
At Green Dot, you need to ask the cashier to deposit money to your Chime card. You can only add up to $1,000.00 per 24 hours or $10,000.00 per month. Although there is no fee for adding money to Chime, you do not need to worry about adding money to the chime card.
Sometimes, the third-party money transfer services used to add money to Chime may charge some fee and add more money as per the specified limit. These limits can include daily, weekly or monthly limits and depend on the amount of money you want to load to the Chime card.